Since launching in October 2020, CIRCA has pioneered a new way to exhibit and experience urgent ideas outside the gallery by commissioning work from artists including Ai Weiwei, Cauleen Smith, Eddie Peake, Anne Imhof and Patti Smith.
We are proud to announce that CIRCA has been extended for another year on the Piccadilly Lights. To celebrate, we are offering 1,000 people the opportunity to support free public art and c. YOUR NAME IN LIGHTS.
“CIRCA offers a very important platform for artists
to exercise their practice and reach out to the public.” – Ai Weiwei
Motivated by the desire to inspire free thinking, support communities and unite people in the public space, we are seeking your help to continue our free public art programme.
Whether you attend in person or watch online, your financial support helps make CIRCA available for everyone to c. Please consider supporting us from as little as £100 and we will proudly show your name in lights, every evening at 20:21 (GMT/BST), until the end of 2021.
Each supporter will receive a signed print by Josef O’Connor.
c. YOUR NAME IN LIGHTS will be updated on the Piccadilly Circus screen each month. Enter your submission by the 18th of the month to see your name on the Piccadilly Circus screen beginning the first day of the following month. Names will be shown from 1 January 2021 to 31 December 2021 (subject to any limitations on showing the names beyond CIRCA’s control).
- Step 1: Choose an available field from the below grid.
- Step 2: Select the amount you wish to donate: £100, £1,000 or £5,000
- Step 3: Enter your name (max 15 characters) and click buy.
Please note that Circa reserves the right in its sole discretion to refuse submissions. Please avoid using fake names, offensive names, terms or signs or anything likely to cause offence. Company and business names may only be used for green tier selections.
Support CIRCA from as little as £100 and help champion new ideas in the public space. In return, we will proudly display your name on the Piccadilly Lights screen, every evening during 2021.
Your support will:
- Enable CIRCA to continue providing free access to new ideas in the public space
- Allow us to continue commissioning new work
- Invest in creatives and support local communities via the CIRCA ECONOMY initiative which raised over £90,000 in 2020.
- We are proud to be an independent platform. Your support will ensure the sustainability of our practice.
Thank you for all of the amazing support throughout c.20:20, and we look forward to announcing our programme over the course of c.2021.